Since I love traveling so much, I am going to start doing some travel recaps of the places I have been and loved.
Cesar and I have been to N’awlins twice and it is absolutely one of my favorite cities we’ve visited. There is just so much to do there. If you are a foodie, New Orleans is definitely the place to visit- it was even named #1 in America’s Best Cities for Foodies by Travel + Leisure Magazine.
We’ve been twice (the first time was in August), but last time we went, it was over New Years- the end of December to the beginning of January.
- Cafe Du Monde- you can’t go to New Orleans and not get beignets at Cafe Du Monde
- Pat O’Brien’s- go for a famous Hurricane and traditional New Orleans jambalaya
- Cafe Maspero- pretty long wait, but well worth it
- Emeril’s Delmonico- food was good (but pretty expensive), but the service was great
- Walked around Bourbon Street
- Walked around the French Quarter
- Rode the streetcars
- National World War II Museum
- Riverwalk Marketplace
- Harrah’s Casino
- Listened to jazz music along Bourbon Street
- New Years Eve at Jackson Square (no doubt in my mind…crazier New Year celebration than when we went to Times Square for New Year’s Eve!)
I’m sure I’ve missed plenty of places to go and things to do in this amazing city. I’d love to hear if anyone else has been to New Orleans, what you thought of it, and what you did while you were there!
Sounds like you had alot of fun! Stopping by from the blog hop and now following you on GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much and have a great week!
Hi! NOLA girl here, following from Welcome Wednesday- I totally agree about Cafe Maspero! It's been too long since I've been there. It looks like you guys had a great visit. There's so much to do here; I wouldn't even know where to start. Jazz Fest is another great time of year to come visit, and of course Mardi Gras!!
Comments are closed.