I’ve been to Nashville several times over the past few years, but Cesar and I have been three times together. It is a fun city to visit. My first impression before even going there was that it was going to be all about country music, and while I am a country music fan, Cesar is not. To my surprise, there is so much going on there, and you don’t even have to like country to have fun there!
When We Went:
We went in December, February, and July. December and February were much more enjoyable weather-wise than July. When we were there in July, the car said it was 110°, which just so happens to be miserable, even for us Floridians used to the heat.
Where We Stayed:
has been our favorite of the places we’ve stayed in Nashville- what a nice hotel! When we stayed there, we were celebrating a special occasion, and happened to mention it to someone. When we got back to our room one evening, we had all kinds of snacks, desserts, and a couple bottles of local beer waiting for us. They are also a “green” hotel, which is pretty cool.
Where We Ate:
- Big River Grille and Brewing Works
- Sunset Grill
- Rippy’s Smokin’ Bar and Grill
What We Did:
- Walked around Downtown Nashville
- Went to a Nashville Predators hockey game at the Bridgestone Arena
- Walked around Gaylord Opryland Hotel
- Went to ICE! at Gaylord Opryland
- Shopped at The Mall at Green Hills
- Shopped at Trader Joe’s (which is my new favorite grocery store, but the closest one is 6 hours away!)
I love Nashville, but there are lots of things I haven’t seen there, so I guess we’ll have to go back sometime soon. What else is fun in Nashville?