First things first…Sophia had her 15 month check-up a week after her 15 month birthday. What a good girl she was! She stepped right on up to the big girl scale for the first time, and weighed almost 21 pounds! They measured her height (32″!) and her head circumference, then we waited for the doctor.
Her height is in the 95th percentile for her age, her weight is in the 25th percentile, and her head circumference is in the 95th percentile (you can blame her daddy for that one!). That means she is taller and has a bigger head circumference than 95% of the kids her age and weighs more than 25% of kids her age. I was a bit concerned that she is so high in the height percentile and so low in the weight, but her pediatrician assured me that since she is keeping up with her percentiles, she is fine! 🙂 He said she has a fast metabolism (and hopefully it stays that way!).
The doctor did his routine check-up then she had 3 shots…she barely even cried! The doctor said she is perfectly healthy and very advanced intellectually for her age. He said she should know “mama”, “dada”, and hopefully 3 other words. Wellllll…she says “mommy” and “daddy” at this point (she used to say mama and dada), knows how to say at least 15 more words, and recognizes probably 100 more words (she will point to something if you ask for it, but cannot say the word yet). Proud mama, right here!
Anyways, on to my week, which is more like two weeks, in Instagram pictures…
1. I bought this little Fisher Price piano almost new at a consignment event in the area, cleaned it up really good, and it is one of her most favorite things to play with.
2. Sophia and I went to a park for a picnic lunch one day, and my sister came and met us on her lunch break. Sophia had a blast watching the squirrels and much preferred trying to offer them her lunch (ew!), than eating it herself.
3. This is Sophia and her Pop (my dad) when we went to visit our dog Abby again at the rehab center she was at. As a side note…as of today, Abby is home at my parents house, and since being home for a little over a week, has started walking by herself again!
4. Sophia at the doctor’s office waiting for her appointment, giving me a tad bit of attitude when I asked her to say “cheese”.
5. Cesar and I bought season tickets to the Gator games this year! We are so excited to finally have our own tickets instead of bumming a couple games off my parents or having to buy tickets on the street. Sophia stayed with Cesar’s parents while he and I went to the game with my sister and my cousin. Here’s Cesar eating lunch at the Reitz Union before the game.
6. Sophia’s first real “boo boo” since she’s been walking. She fell when she and I were walking on the walkway up to our house last week. I must say, she is pretty proud of her boo boo and is sure to show it to anyone she comes across!
7. This was about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen…Sophia and Cesar sitting side by side working on their laptops! She is such a daddy’s girl and wants to do everything like him.
8. Sometimes after my brother Garrett gets off school and my dad gets off work, they stop by a little restaurant near their house for a snack and to play a couple games of pool. I had to pick up something from my dad one day last week, so we met them there and stayed to watch. Sophia had an absolute ball watching them play pool and holding their pool sticks for them.
9. The little city I went to college in is about an hour away from where we live now. It has the cutest little downtown area, but for some reason, we really never make it over that way. Since Cesar had last Monday off for Labor Day, we decided to venture over to see what’s new around there. Unfortunately, almost every shop and restaurant in downtown was closed because it was Monday (just Monday in general, not because of Labor Day), but we did have a yummy lunch at a cute place, where this picture was taken.
10. My little diva while we were getting ready one morning. She is such a priss sometimes, but so dang cute!
11. Sophia reading her “potty book”, then putting a lot of thought into which color sticker she wanted for going on the big girl potty.
12. Sophia was definitely all ready to watch the Gator game! My dad bought Sophia this dress while I was still pregnant with her and it finally fits her just in time for this football season.
13. Before the Gator game, we met Cesar’s parents and brother at Hooters for lunch. When I told the hostess we needed a high chair, I was a little confused when she brought us to a high top table, until she came back with this monster of a high chair!
14. This is Sophia and me at Hooters…she looks thrilled to be taking a picture with Mommy, huh!?
15. We ended up at my parents’ house to watch the Gator game. After the game, Abby was ready to go outside to go to the bathroom and this was the first time we’d seen her walk by herself again, so I was watching out the window when Sophia decided to join me.
16. Did anyone remember yesterday was Grandparents Day!? I didn’t, until I saw a sign for it when I passed by the card section at the store. Anyway, Sophia and I picked out some cards and for her Nana and Pop (my parents), Abuelo and Abuela (Cesar’s parents), and Nanny (my grandmother). After church yesterday, we delivered everything and everyone was pleasantly surprised that I remembered the holiday, haha!