My Sweet Little Family
Sooo, since I’ve been gone a while, I haven’t done an Instagram post in a while. And, well, I still use it quite a bit so I have tons of pictures to share. I’ll at least try to catch you up to the beginning of July, now that it is officially August (yikes!). I do apologize that the majority of these are of my kids, but you know, when you’re a mom, that’s just what happens. And my girls are just the cutest darn things I’ve ever seen. That too.
Row 1 (L to R):
1. When Sophia graduated from round 2 of her ISR lessons, she was beyond proud of herself. I asked her what she wanted to do to celebrate and she told me she wanted to make cupcakes. So off we went to the grocery store, where she picked out what kind of cake mix, icing, and sprinkles she wanted. We ended up with chocolate cupcakes, pink and purple vanilla icing, and rainbow sprinkles!
2. Emma and I when she was probably 3 weeks old. She loves to sleep with her face buried in my chest.
3. With both girls with me during the day while Cesar works, unfortunately there are many times when I am nursing Emma that Sophia has to play by herself. She loves being near me though when I’m feeding her little sister, so the iPad is the perfect solution. She has all kinds of learning games she plays on it, so I don’t mind too much!
4. My sweet big girl loves feeding her little sister when Emma takes a bottle. Of course, Cesar or I always help her, but she loves being involved.
5. Emma was about 3 weeks old here. This was right after her third doctor appointment since leaving the hospital to check her weight, and she was finally back up to her birth weight (yay!). She lost quite a bit of weight while we were still in the hospital and had a hard time gaining it back at first. We have since started supplementing me nursing her with formula, and she has more than made up for it.
6. This was on 4th of July. We went to my parents’ house for a cookout for lunch and both girls fell asleep almost instantly.
7. This was also at my parents’ house on 4th of July. We had a fun day swimming and cooking out. And, the girls looked super cute in their matching 4th of July outfits!
8. A beautiful picture I took from where we watched fireworks. This picture has no filter applied.
9. Towards the middle of July, Sophia, Emma, and I rode to Orlando where my parents were staying for a few days for a conference my mom had to go to. We were going to camp out in their hotel room for the night, but ended up having a car problem that had to be fixed ASAP, and extended our stay an extra night to give the mechanic time to work on it. This picture is wall art at a restaurant called Burger 21, which I loved.
10. This was at the hotel in Orlando. The had two huge fire pits out near the pool and Sophia loved going down to sit and watch. She was completely mesmerized.
11. This picture was also in Orlando (last one, I swear!). I like having a few matching outfits for Sophia and Emma, but they’re hard to find unless I order them online from somewhere I don’t normally shop. Most places they have a newborn section which only goes up to 12 months, then a toddle section that is 12 months and up. Well, Emma wears size NB and Sophia is in size 18-24 months, so there is usually not too much that matches for the two of them. Anyway, here’s a matching outfit I found at Target for them. They are so stinkin’ cute!
12. When Emma turned a month old, we had family pictures taken. We hired a photographer that came recommended from a friend to come to our house and take pictures of the four of us. This is what Emma wore, which I think might be the cutest newborn outfit ever made!
13. Since we went to the Magic Kingdom for the first time a couple months ago, Sophia has grown more and more fond of Monster’s Inc. When Monster’s University came out, everywhere we went we saw commercials and toys and books and anything else you can think of. She kept saying she wanted to watch it, so one night, we took Emma to Cesar’s parents’ house and took our big girl on a date to see it. She was so good and loved the movie!
14. This was one night after dinner when we were getting ready to go for a walk. Sophia picked out her “exercise outfit” and insisted that she needed to stretch beforehand. I don’t know where she gets this stuff from, but she really cracks us up!
15. Emma was born with a ton of hair! This was one night after her bath, when she had crazy post-bath hair.
16. This is when Emma was about 5 weeks old. She was swimming in her newborn clothes. In most of them, she still is!
17. One day we were leaving the house to go run errands and Sophia asked me to take a picture of her. This is what transpired.
18. Emma’s one month picture. I was a little late on posting this to Instagram, which is why it’s a little out of order. She was making all kinds of crazy faces while we tried to take her picture.
19. Sophia loves shopping at Target. You can tell by the look on her face. Her daddy pretty much hates this idea!
20. Last weekend, my mom, sister, and I went to a Gator’s football clinic for women, which is really fun if you are a Gator football fan. You listen to all the coaches talk about football and about the upcoming season, then tour the weight room, locker room, offices, etc. After that, you go onto the field and do a bunch of drills with the coaches, which are really fun. This is leaving the tunnel and entering The Swamp.
21. Cesar and the girls came to Gainesville with me for the night. The next day, when we left, we stopped at an exit to find somewhere to eat and found a Chuck E. Cheese. We decided to go since Sophia had never been before. It was absolutely packed, but Sophia had a ball. It cost us all of 5 bucks for tokens to keep her occupied for about two hours. Score!
22. Before we left Gainesville, we stopped at Trader Joe’s, which is my absolute favorite grocery store. We don’t have one anywhere near us though, so I jumped on the opportunity to stop before we left town. Here’s our two big ol’ bags full of groceries that we really didn’t even need, but bought anyway.
23. The other day, Sophia and I dropped Emma off to their Abuela’s house and ran some errands. I asked her where she wanted to eat lunch, and she matter-of-factly told me “Chick-fer-la”.
24. We visited Nanny (my grandmother) yesterday and out of all the toys she has there, she wanted to sit in a cardboard box. She told me, “Mommy, I’m in the bath! Scrubby, scrub, scrub!” Here she is scrubbing herself clean.
25. Last night after dinner we went for a walk around our neighborhood. Obviously one girl is much more excited about it than the other!
Sorry that was so long. Kudos to you if you actually got through it all! I’ll try to do these more often so I don’t have to do such a huge one all at once again!