Ok, so remember I said New Orleans was one of my favorite cities? Well, I think Las Vegas is my other favorite. I’ve been twice, Cesar has been once. We both love Vegas and are constantly talking about going back. It’s such a fun city…there is something there for everyone (for real).
Cesar and I went in August. I have also been there in July. Both very hot.
- Carnival World Buffet (Rio)- Expensive, but worth it. We went for lunch and didn’t eat breakfast or dinner that day.
- Carnegie Delicatessen (Mirage)- Their sandwiches are humongous! Cesar and I shared one, and left with a big ol’ box of leftover meat.
- America (New York New York)
- Margaritaville (Flamingo Hotel and Casino)- I’ve been to Margaritaville restaurants all over, and this was probably the most fun! We went there for dinner before a show one night to have a couple margaritas.
- Mr. Lucky’s (Hard Rock Hotel and Casino)- Hard Rock is not on the Strip, but it is worth the trip to go to Mr. Lucky’s. They have a “$7.77 Special” that is not on the menu because it’s a [not-so] secret, but ask for it, and you’ll get it. For $7.77, you get an a salad, 8 oz. steak, 3 jumbo shrimp, and garlic mashed potatoes. It’s so good!
- Excalibur Buffet (Excalibur)
- Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill (Harrah’s)
- Walked the Strip several times, just to see everything
- Saw 2 Cirque du Soleil shows- Zumanity and Mystere- really liked both of them
- Visited Red Rock Canyon- This is only a few minutes outside of Las Vegas, but feels like a world away! There is a big loop you can drive around, or they have places to park and hike.
- Went to Red Rock Casino, Resort, and Spa- we won the most money there of any other casino. We also played bingo, which was super fun (plus, you get two free drinks when you pay to play).
- Watched the fountain show at Bellagio
- Watched the pirate ship show at Treasure Island
- Rode the roller coaster at New York New York
- Rode the rides at the top of the Stratosphere. Cesar and I both went on the Big Shot (not that scary) and I went on the X-Scream (super duper scary)
- Visited Fremont Street- definitely visit at night to watch the Fremont Street Experience
- Visited a wedding chapel just to see what it was like
- Visited the Hoover Dam
- Rode a gondola at The Venetian
Hopefully we will be able to go back to Las Vegas sometime soon- either with or without Sophia (I would have no problem bringing a young child there!). I’d love to know…what have we missed in Vegas- either somewhere to stay, somewhere to eat, or something to do?